Kaboom is about the sweetest cat you’ll ever meet. He likes chin rubs, purrs when you pet him and he likes to lounge on a lazy afternoon. And he likes all that despite the pain he now endures – but you can help him by donating now!
He first came to Pets Alive last year as a sweet little kitten, joyful and playful. It wasn’t long before Kaboom found his forever home in January 2016 – and so he settled in!
Kaboom’s world however, came crashing in when he developed a skin condition causing him excessive itching. He’d scratch his face so much that eventually he started to rip the skin from his face and it’d bleed. His owner tried different things to no avail and soon Kaboom was returned to Pets Alive.
Upon his return, we tried a multitude of treatments from diet to medications – even a skin biopsy – only to find no known cause for his itching. We then decided to place him in a foster home so he would get more individualized care and to determine if environmental causes were adding to his ailment. He was soon returned to the sanctuary however, as he developed yet a different skin condition that he’s now being treated for.
All of this cost money. You can be part of the team that funds Kaboom’s recovery and replenishes our Medical Fund to help many other animals as well. Simply make a donation to Pets Alive’s fundraiser in the Saving Pets Challenge by August 4th — and your donation will be MATCHED dollar for dollar by Sidewalk Angels Foundation!
On July 5, we entered the Saving Pets Challenge, a fundraising campaign by Michelson Found Animals for organizations focused on reducing shelter euthanasia. The Challenge runs through August 4th and a total of $150,000 will be given away by the sponsors. The top 5 fundraising organizations will receive donations ranging from $5,000 to $50,000! And this week, there are two additional opportunities from the sponsors. Think how incredible it would be if Pets Alive were to win any of these donations!
- If we raise at least $500 between July 26th and August 2nd, we’ll be entered for a chance to win one of three $2,500 donations.
- The organization that raises the most online between July 26th at 2pm ET and August 2nd at 1:59:59pm ET will get $5,000 for their cause.
We now invite you to donate to the Challenge – and help Kaboom recover as well as helping the other animals at our sanctuary. If you’ve already donated to this campaign or formed a fundraiser – THANK YOU! Together, we’ve raised over $11,000 to date but this is short of our goal of raising $50,000 – and garnering the entire match.
Double your impact by donating
Sidewalk Angels Foundation, a New York-based, not-for-profit organization founded in 2003 by Grammy Award Winning Artist Rob Thomas and his wife Marisol Thomas, has pledged up to $25,000 to Pets Alive as a matching donation in the Saving Pets Challenge!
Earlier this week, they made their first contribution and matched the first $5,394 donated to the Challenge! Sidewalk Angels Foundation will continue to match dollar for dollar up to $25,000, for every donation made online as part of Pets Alive’s Challenge website. Please donate now so that we maximize this very generous pledge for the animals. That means your donation is doubled and even more animals are helped:
- $10 for one microchip ==> $20 for TWO microchips
- $25 deworms 2 canines ==> $50 for FOUR canines dewormed
- $45 pays for a spay/neuter surgery for one feline ==> $90 for TWO spay/neuters
- $75 pays for a spay/neuter surgery for one canine ==> $150 for TWO spay/neuters
- $500 pays for one dental surgery ==> $1,000 pays for TWO dentals
- $1,000 pays for a critical surgery ==> $2,000 pays for TWO surgeries
There are two ways you can help:
1. Make a donation. Simply Go Here and click on “Donate”.
2. Please consider joining our team as a fundraiser now through August 4. By reaching out to your network of supporters, you can help us make an even bigger impact. It takes less than five minutes to set up a fundraiser. All you have to do is Go Here and click ‘Fundraise for This Campaign.” Any money you raise will also be included in the matching gift and your impact will be doubled!
And remember, to be eligible for the Saving Pets Challenge and matching gift, your donation MUST be made online at the above Challenge website by August 4 at 1:59pm ET.