Improving Adoptability Program:
One of Pets Alive’s most important goals is to find "forever homes" for all of our animals. The dogs that are in our care come in all shapes, sizes, colors and most importantly, personalities.
Our Improving Adoptability program is aimed at helping those dogs whose current behaviors reduce their chances of becoming a member of a new family.
The core teaching of this program is simple: We'll get the behavior that we reinforce.
For our dogs that translates into a series of rewards and ALWAYS humane positive reinforcement for the behavior we want. Members of this special group of volunteers learn and use the basic principles of behavior modification to help shape the responses of the dogs that are the most difficult to adopt.
As in any relationship, there are at least three components: the dog, the environment and a human! The people in this very special group come to understand that they are an important part in a dog's life and future.
And there's more! For those individuals who are dedicated and demonstrate an ability to work with these great dogs, there is a brand new opportunity: An invitation to become a member of our elite group - the "Improving Adoptability Crew" team members!
So what do you think? Want to change the life of a dog for the better? Please join our Improving Adoptability program.
To get more involved or become a part of this team, no experience is necessary! Email email@example.com for more information.
TNR stands for TRAP, NEUTER, RETURN.
It is what our volunteer team of trappers do every week for the towns of Middletown and Wallkill. We would love to expand this program, and help other communities, but we are unable to because of the lack of reliable volunteers to help. Can you give us a few hours a week?
There are many jobs that you can do for the feral cat TNR program.
MOST of these jobs can be done before or AFTER your regular job. We usually trap at night. The cat care can be done early in the morning or after you get off work.
- You can help trap the cats.
- You can help transport the cats or release the cats.
- You can help care for the cats while here in our TNR room recovering from medical care and altering (we alter every cat, but we also help them all with any injuries or medical care they need before we release them).
- You can help do TNR laundry (bring it home, wash it, bring it back)
- You can help by handing out flyers in the areas we are about to trap (so people with outdoor cats will keep them in those days).
Please consider helping us help the community.
Many people have no idea how many feral cats are out there.
There are literally HUNDREDS.
We are backed up with requests to trap and help. More than a dozen locations are waiting for us, and we are limited ONLY because of our need for more volunteers for this program. We will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know.
Please consider helping us to help them - and to help your neighbors!
Hurry on in!!! We have lots of adorable dogs and cats who want nothing more than to kiss you under the mistletoe!
PetCo: Middletown, NY - Sunday, Dec 15th - 11-3pm
- Pics w Santa / Tree Lighting Ceremony - Saturday Dec 7th at the Sanctuary, 11-3pm
Santa Claus along with the Mrs and their Elves are visiting Pets Alive and want to meet your four legged loved ones. Stop on in for Christmas pictures courtesy of Reflective Photos
- Tree Lighting/Decorating Ceremony - Saturday Dec 7th at the Sanctuary, 4pm
Help us decorate our Christmas Tree! For a $5 donation, guests can pick an ornament pictured with one of our sanctuary animals and place the ornament on our sanctuary Christmas tree! Once the tree is fully decorate, we will gather around for hot chocolate and baked goods and flip the switch. Lets light up the tree together!
- Tractor Supply: Pinebush - Sunday, Dec 8th- 11-3pm
Stop in and visit our volunteers and furry adoptables. You may just find your "furever" friend/family member.
- Stocking Stuffer Savings - a Pet-a-cular Adoption Event - Who needs Black Friday or Cyber Monday when Pets Alive is having a "Pet-a-cular" Adoption Event from now til the end of the year!!!
- Starting Nov 29th thru the ENTIRE month of December we're having a Stocking Stuffer Adoption Fee Savings for you and your family!
- Savings from $15- $75!!! You choose! And that's not all, we're also giving away:
- 3 FREE Training Classes
- Grooming Certificates from
Pets Alive's volunteers will be at PetCo with pets for adoption. Come on by and say hello.
Weekly Volunteer Orientation - Every Saturday at noon. Every Saturday at noon. No need to make a reservation, just be here by 12:00 PM ready to learn how to safely interact with the animals at Pets Alive! Come help the animals transition from being rescued to being adopted and make some new friends at the same time. Check out our volunteer page for more information and to fill out our volunteer opportunity form.
Improving Adoptability - Every Saturday at 10 am come down and work with our staff and dogs on improving adoptability. We will show you techniques to help them overcome their issues to help get them adopted! No appt. needed, held in adoption room at Pets Alive.
Monthly Pets Alive Tour - 1st Saturday of evry month - No need to make a reservation, just be here by 11:00 AM! We request a donation of $10 for tours ($5 for kids). Please be aware that tours are indoor and outdoor, rain or shine. Tour starts at the front of the Brick House...please be sure to wear appropriate footwear!